I Want You

Father in Heaven, You breathed another day into life. And I take part in it as I recognize Your presence. Today, I make it about You. Take my heart and make it Yours. Make it Your home to do as You please. I am pleased with the change You bring about in me and I can’t help but acknowledge You’ve been guiding me all along. I want to thank You for that. I want You to do great things today as You had yesterday, and I want You to keep my eyes open to those great things, so that I can thank You and praise You right away, so that my heart recognizes again who made these things possible. I want to take those blessings You give me to bless others along the way. I want many things my Lord, but I know without a doubt as long as I focus on You, You show me and give me greater things I thought I was never worthy of. I want You to help me keep my eyes on You as I am willing to follow. I pray this in Your name, Amen.

what-does-god-want

Matthew 6:33

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Check out my YouTube channel!

1. opreach says:

Love the cartoon! It is so true – we have such difficulty in believing (and appropriating the belief) that God only desires us. Thanks for following!! Blessings. πŸ™‚

God bless you! Amen! Thank you for reading! πŸ˜€

2. melwild says:

What a beautiful prayer and post. The cartoon is funny and too true! I can see you truly have a tender heart after God, Sheela. And your prayer is being answered too. For you are that conduit of blessing because you have learned how to receive Love. That is a very precious thing indeed. Many never find that or even know that they should desire it, as the cartoon points out. You have something wonderful to give. I can also see you touching a lot of people who are unloved and hurting with the Father’s love. Blessings to you. Thanks for sharing your gift. πŸ™‚

Pastor Mel, that was the most heartfelt comment anyone has ever given me. I am smiling from temple to temple. Haha! I wish WordPress had a “Favorites” button so I can just easily find your blog. I don’t have much time to read today, but I can tell your posts are ones that will definitely get my attention as my attention is pretty hard to keep! Thank you for stopping by and following. πŸ˜€ Expect me to be a regular commenter on your blog and may God bless you exceedingly!!

1. melwild says:

You’re very welcome. I try to see people with heaven’s eyes, and that’s how the Lord sees you. You make Him smile too! And I get to be the messenger. And your heart blesses me too. πŸ™‚

On blog favorites, the best way I found to follow a blog is with the WordPress Reader at http://www.wordpress.com. There’s a category “Blogs I Follow” that will scroll all your follows. I think the page defaults to that if you are signed in. If not, there is a sign-in form on the page. I also have the WordPress app on my Android phone that does the same thing, which is how I saw your comment here. Otherwise, like you said, it’s hard to keep up, especially, if you have a crazy schedule like mine.

I look forward to future conversations with you. Remember, you are loved. πŸ™‚

3. cmassonaus says:

A question so few people ask!

πŸ˜€ God bless you!

4. Binah says:

Uplifting and inspirational, thanks.

It makes me smile nonstop to let others feel the joy I feel. Praise the Lord! πŸ™‚

5. bennetta faire says:

Probably the nicest thing for me about getting older, is that I want less of this world, and more of God–and He’s more than willing to pour Himself out on me. God bless you abundantly–love, sis Caddo

You’ve just expressed what’s been in my heart lately. The older I’m getting, the more I desire God and not so much of this world…high five! May He bless you exceedingly! Hugs and kisses, Sheela πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

6. Rex says:

This carries such a beauty in it.

πŸ™‚ Thanks for that sweet comment Rex.

7. helenrj says:

This morning as I laced my clown shoes…you read that right…I am a clown in children’s church…but back to my shoes. As I tied rabbit ears with my shoe laces, a big list of what I needed to do today raced and hopped through my mind. Then I read this post and I realized I needed to replace the list with “God, what do you want me to do today?” It was big epiphany on a Sunday morning for a clown (or anyone). Thanks for the post.

Praise the Lord! Yes, I read that you were a clown ministering to children at church. That is awesome! I’m glad that with a few sentences God puts in my heart, I am able to remind my fellow Christian friends what He truly wants from us. Full surrender. To God be the glory! Amen!

1. helenrj says:

Hallelujah and amen to that!

Back at you…God bless! Thank you and have a great one today! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks by faith, I shall πŸ˜‰